Thursday, September 11, 2014

When the Going Gets Tough...

Ever have one of those days when everything is going wrong, and you're exhausted, and have a headache. You wrote a to-do list for the day, and didn't do a single thing on the list? I'm sure you know the feeling of going to bed thinking "I'm a failure" or "I'm just not good enough" I can't tell you how many times I've cried myself to sleep with those very thoughts ravaging my brain. If you've ever felt like this, listen now and listen close. You are NOT a failure. You're only human, you're going to mess up a lot. But God created you in HIS OWN image! He created you, he designed you, and called you good! Sometimes all the things we are trying to stay on top of are not what God asked us to do. He wants us to seek Him first, to communicate with Him, and praise His name. If we do these things, everything else will fall into place. Not to say life will be easy. Do not think that those days when you've done nothing productive, and have a headache, and it's raining on top of it all will go away forever. Life is never going to be easy. We only need to learn to keep our focus on God. It will rain, but we must learn to dance in the rain. I can just about guarantee that if you count all those little blessings, they'll outweigh your problems. So here's my challenge. Every day, write at least one thing you are thankful for. It can be as simple as "I'm alive today" to "I got a new job" to "My baby cousin was born safe and healthy. And at the end of the year, pull out that jar or bag of papers, read all those blessings of the past year (there should be 365 if you did it right ;) ) and remember that "In the end these three remain; faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

                                                                         ~Katie~

No comments:

Post a Comment