Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Blessings Aren't Always Objects

   I'm actually writing this post to thank some amazing friends on mine on the UG, you know who you are.
    Oftentimes when we think of blessings, or being blessed we think of finally being able to take that trip, or getting that job so we can pay the bills, or whatever other physical thing. While those are certainly blessings from God (isn't every good thing?) there are more blessings than we could imagine. This was made so clear to me recently. I haven't been going through the easiest time lately. I've been more than a little upset, and needed lots of prayers, and in requesting prayers from the UG members, I received not only their support, but something more. I went to my writing thread, and found that several UGers had posted links. So, I followed the links, and what I read next brought tears to my eyes, and joy to my heart. Lists of things they love most, or admire about me. Uplifting things about my faith, my heart, my words. These words,  which they spoke in what they found to be true were more of a blessing to me than many objects I've been given over the years. That these precious people would go out of their way to show me love when I was struggling. It truly amazes me. I would like to thank every single one of them, for their friendship, their prayers, and everything that they have said. These UGers, over the years have become some of the most important people in my life. They have walked with me through trials, and they have sought my help through trials of their own. We are all connected by Christ, and in our hearts. I love you all! <3

                                                      ~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment