Wednesday, September 10, 2014

School... It's a Love-Hate Relationship

    So, I just started school on Monday. I know what you are all wondering. Do you like it? How's it going? Well, here's the truth. School for me is a love-hate relationship. I don't know about you, but I LOVE to learn. If I can be learning new things and having fun at the same time, great! But sometimes, to learn, you have to do all the grunge work. I hate solving all those math problems, answering all those questions that I don't remember from my science book, and racking my brain for the 'right' answer on my theology worksheet. It isn't easy. But tonight I was reminded of why I love to learn. I was just sitting in church, watching a tape of Creationism when one of the professors said something I had learned in school last year. Something I had used to argue on point while debating. You can't imagine the thrill I felt as I thought "I knew that!!" If we don't learn, we see the world in black and white. What fun is that? But when we learn things about God, and people, and even math, we see the world in full color. It is a BEAUTIFUL sight to behold "God saw all that He had made, and it was good" Genesis 1:31a and He has given us the ability to see His creation which is good as well. We need only take the initiative to learn, and praise Him for this amazing opportunity. So think about this next time you are groaning over math homework, or procrastinating studying for that history test. I love you, and God does too!

                                                   ~Katie~

2 comments:

  1. *grins* Glad you're having a good time despite the love/hate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) I'm glad college is going well with you.

      Delete