Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Make my Day!

       Well, at 4:00 we finally ate brunch! It seems in reality that it was more like eating breakfast for dinner! Afterwards, we opened gifts! I got two C.D's from my parents, Sidewalk Prophets, and Matthew West! I loved seeing everyone open the gifts I made them, the reactions were priceless! We drove to Bethlehem (Not in Israel!!!) for a live nativity, but arrived a bit too late. Tonight we are all doing our own thing. The joy and peace of the day has not left us, and our hearts are calm. The hubbub, and craziness, and running around of Christmas day is exciting and thrilling. Spending time with family and celebrating together is absolutely priceless! However, I think my favorite part is at the end of the day. Everything is over, but I am not feeling empty. I feel full, and joyful. I like this part of the day, where I just sit and enjoy my Savior's love. In the morning he is in my bright smile, and excited songs. In the evening, he is in my gentle smile and soft, rich song. Despite missing family that we would normally spend Christmas with, and despite missing friends that would usually be so near, I can truthfully say that this day has been joyful, satisfying, and beautiful. The love is not diminished, simply more widely spread! Is this true contentment? Perhaps...

            ~Katie~

No comments:

Post a Comment