Sunday, February 8, 2015

Living in Denial

          Dear brothers and sisters, I'm sure you've heard many times the story of Peter's denial of Jesus.
" Immediately the rooster crowed the second time. Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken to him: “Before the rooster crows twice you will disown me three times.” And he broke down and wept." (Mark 14:72) Now, as a young child, you probably thought, "That's terrible! I would never deny Jesus!" But here's a question for you today. Are you living in denial of Christ?  When you're with non-Believers, do you conform to their ways? The Bible says, "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will." (Romans 12:2). Here's another question. When you're with your Christian friends, and they say or do something that you know is not pleasing to God, do you still follow along? No one wants to be left out, but is fitting into a group in the temporal world worth disobeying our Savior? Dear ones, I speak not from a pedestal, as someone who has kept in righteousness, but as one who has fallen into the very patterns I'm bringing to your attention. It is not easy to follow God in this world of sin and darkness. The more you trust in God, the more the devil will try to bring you down, and tempt you to sin. On our own, we are not strong enough to defy him, but in these times we can call out to God who is our strength. “But Jesus looked at them and said to them, ‘With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’”" (Matthew 19:26) So today I encourage you, my brothers and sisters in Christ to stand firm against the torrent of lies, deception, and temptation. Stand firm in Christ, the Chief Cornerstone, and you will not be shaken. "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16)

                                     ~Katie Stone

2 comments:

  1. Another excellent post, Katie! :D I kept sinking lower and lower into my chair as I read on, feeling totally guilty. :P Thanks for the wake-up call. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Haha, well I don't mean to guilt trip anybody, just to speak up in what God has been teaching me. :)

    ReplyDelete