Friday, August 29, 2014

The Book I've Been Waiting For

Hey everyone!
So, guess what book I just picked up from the library?

This one! Percy Jackson's Greek gods by Rick Riordan!!!
I'm a HUGE Greek mythology fan, so this book is right up my alley! 
Written in Percy's 'voice' this book offers compiled stories from early writers of Greek mythology, as well as humor, and some pretty great pictures. I would definitely recommend reading it; Especially if you are studying the Ancient Greeks in school this year, like I am. It's always a good idea to know what their ideas of creation and 'gods' were, so that we can better understand a lot of the motives behind what they did in battle, in philosophy, in all things. Now, don't yell at me, because I'm not saying we BELIEVE what they believed, we've just got to know what it is they believed. Right? Right.

                                                ~Katie~

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I've been wanting that book! :D I'm a Greek Mythology fan myself, and Percy's voice just makes it all the more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it?! PJ's Greek gods was pretty good. That mix of the actual myths along with that signature Percy humor.

      Delete