Saturday, May 31, 2014

Saturday- Writing

Here is a portion of writing from my novel "Medieval Current"

I’m not sure exactly what happened in that room, only that there was a lot of talking, and by the end of it the judge was banging a hammer shaped tool on her table. "These three traitors must pay a fine of one-hundred coins each, and fifteen years in prison within three days, or face execution. First came the numbing shock, and then the cold, seeping feeling, then came the panicked fear. I began to hyperventilate. I looked at the faces around me. A few of the people seemed sorry for me, but mostly I was met with looks of scorn, and pleasure at my desperation. Adrien touched my shoulder, just barely concealing the terror in his own racing heart. The only one among us who had the money to be set free was Jerome, who would not meet our eyes. The man from before came with the two guards, and took each of us back to our cells. Before leaving, he turned and looked at me, and dismissed the guards. True sympathy showed in his eyes which, once again, looked again, "I’m so sorry. I really was on your side. No child should be executed for searching for true things. It’s very wrong." "Then why aren’t you doing something about it?" I spat. The man looked away, "I suppose I’m just not as brave as you young ones." "Maybe, you just need to do the right thing, and not worry about the bravery. Maybe bravery isn’t an actual thing, and it’s just what’s used to describe when someone decides to do the right thing even if it means danger for them." The man smiled sadly, and walked away, leaving a trail of sorrow and self-contempt in his wake.

                                          ~Katie~

No comments:

Post a Comment