Saturday, September 12, 2015

The Warriors On Their Knees

       The world is a controversial place. Sometimes it seems like it's gotten worse, and maybe it has. But standing for truth is very rarely the popular thing to do. In England, anytime a Catholic was on the throne, Protestants were persecuted. Anytime a Protestant was on the throne, Catholics were persecuted. This is only one example of times throughout history when it has not been safe to stand up for the truth. I guess because America began as a Christian country, we all got too comfortable. Christianity was celebrated in America! It was popular to go to church on Sunday, and wear a cross necklace! However, America has been thrown into more and more turmoil these past few years, to the point where true Christianity is criticized, and Atheism and other religions are taking hold. We should not be surprised at this "If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you" ~John 15: 19. Now, some are called to speak out, and certainly there are some things that we can do! But I think we've too easily forgotten the most powerful effect we can have. My dear friends, our own strength will never be enough to break through the lies of the enemy. Indeed, we will ourselves fall prey to lies and deceit. "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." ~ Matthew 26:41 The last part of that verse is quoted all the time! But did you ever realize that the answer to the predicament is there too? "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation." That, my brothers and sisters, is where our power lies. In prayer. Because we will never be strong enough, the most world-changing, heart-changing thing we can do is pray to the Creator of the universe. The Savior of our souls. The Great Judge. Nothing is beyond His power and His influence! He is the King of the universe, and nothing can stand against Him! It is by Him we were created, and it is only in Him that we are able to learn the truth! So sure, post some articles. Definitely talk to your friends about controversial topics (With love and biblical truth) but brothers, sisters, friends. The winning battles will be fought down on our knees. Pray together For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” ~Matthew 18:20. and pray alone "But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." ~Matthew 6:6. Above all, "Pray without ceasing" ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:17.
                                                     ~Katie Stone~

3 comments:

  1. I found the blog through nano ywp and subscribed. As a Christian I find your post encouraging!!! If you have not seen War Room you should go see it! It talks about the power of prayer!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you found my blog and that this has been encouraging! :) I have not seen War Room yet, but I've heard a lot about it!

      Delete
    2. I am so glad you found my blog and that this has been encouraging! :) I have not seen War Room yet, but I've heard a lot about it!

      Delete