Saturday, September 19, 2015

Finding Joy in the Crazy

      I'm the oldest of 5 kids, and my youngest two siblings are a 2 year old, and a 4 month old. Needless to say, life gets really crazy sometimes. The house we're renting has crayon all over the walls, and the floor is always covered in something; dish soap, cooking oil, water, you name it! Today I was babysitting the two littlest and the baby was screaming, the toddler was getting into everything, and I was ready to pull my hair out. Sometimes I'm just so done, but then I see the light in my little brother's eyes. To him, all the world is new and exciting! When my baby sister is screaming she'll hold tight to you and nestle her head in your shoulder. It doesn't stop being crazy, but joy is oftentimes found in the crazy. Years later, all the memories will be in the crazy. So don't give up when life is insane, instead open your eyes, keep them wide with child-like wonder and find the beauty in life.
                                   ~Katie Stone~

No comments:

Post a Comment